Tuesday football

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

FAMILIAR FACES RETURN TO FACE THE COLD

Match Report: 1.6.09

Colours: Stew, Rock, Paul P, Rupert, Mark GM, James, Bob, Jimmer

Yellows: Felix, Andy, Paul B, Steve C, Rich, TJ, Badge, Heath

Score: Colours: 7-6 Yellows

Well, well, well, new year but some old faces (no pun intended) returned it was good to see GM, Rich and TJ (who is back temporarily before going on a world tour in the spring). Hopefully this year the numbers will be up. One noticeable absentee was John M who, on the curry night, badgered me to turn up as he was going to be there and I could make no excuses. Now that he is sober he obviously did not fancy it. Whereas I left my walking stick in the car and braved the elements.

It was a cold night and diving on the ground was like diving on concrete, it rather reminded me of my bed as a youngster and waking up with ice on the carpet. I also noticed how the earlier flem I discharged (all good footballers do this Frank Lampard did it the other day and Wayne Rooney) iced up, that made me laugh.

Sorry there was a game to discuss. It was a good game and very close. Goal Machine (who said I could do the write up today) was in fine form and one goal was a cracker giving Felix no chance in goal. The Colours did maintain their lead for most of the game due to some good defending and saves, yes my arm now hurts. However Rich started to find some space and punished the Colours with a few goals of his own, one was a soft one as Bob lost control gifting a goal to Rich. That made it 6-5 to the Yellows and you felt then that they would go on and win it.

However an uncharacteristic mistake in midfield from Andy led to the Colours leveller and they topped this off with a late goal to win it 7-6. Good game lads and this bodes well for the year ahead.

Man of the Match: A close one as there were some good individual performances on both sides, but Goal Machine wins it with a fine performance and one cracking goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home